Redundancy and life beyond
News articles by the RAF Families Federation
- REDUNDANCY - Your QUESTIONS ANSWERED - 5 Mar 11
- Redundancy Details for Tranche 2 delayed until early 2012 - 8 Aug 11
- 930 RAF made Redundant - 1 Sep 11
- Redundancy and your SFA - 7 Sep 11
- Redundancy - A Painful Road - 8 Sep 11
- RAF Redundancy - Another 900 to go - 17 Jan 12
- Philip Hammond "We have no Choice" - 17 Jan 12
Other RAF FF articles of some relevance
Articles in Envoy on RAF Redundancy
- Phase 1 Announcement - Spring11, p7
- More on the Redundancy Programme - Spring11, p39
- Services and Redundancy Advice - Summer11, p34
- Defence Cuts may Boost Business - Summer11, p40
- A Handrail to Life in Civvy Street - Autumn11, p28
FINDING THE WAY BACK TO CIVVY STREET
Courses you may find useful
- Lifeworks from the Royal British Legion Industries An innovative guidance course designed to build on existing skills for employment beyond the Armed Forces. In most cases is fully-funded regardless of when you served. LifeWorks can be accessed by phone or there is a residential training facility • Identify and develop your transferable skills and experience • Build a CV reflecting skills and training gained in the Armed Forces • Learn how to be successful at interview through interview experience in a range of industries • Maximise your potential for a successful career in Civvy Street • Receive ongoing guidance to meet the challenges and opportunities ahead.
- Remount The Services offer a good resettlement package which addresses the practical side of change, the psychological effects of loss, loneliness and a shift in cultures are not always recognized. With the support of trainers at the Brathay Trust, Remount courses were devised to offer physical challenges and emotional support to ease that transition.
- Forces in Mind Trust Over a 20 year period, the Forces in Mind Trust will be providing UK-wide support and advocacy for Service personnel, veterans and their families to make a successful transition back to civilian life.In addition they run the Warrior Programme, a non-clinical training and education programme for veterans who are experiencing serious problems adjusting to civilian living.
Other website you may find of help
Forces Select A recruitment consultancy for service leavers and ex-service personnel.