Moving into SFA


Once you have been notified of your Service Family Accommodation (SFA) allocation, you will need to make the necessary arrangements to move yourself, your family and your furniture into your new home. You can find a useful guide on how to make this as stress-free as possible in the 'Your guide to living in Service Family Accommodation' on the CarillionAmey website.

Furniture and Removals a step by step guide. A CarillionAmey infographic is available which steps out the process customers should follow if they require furniture to be ordered or collected.


On arrival at your new SFA, you should expect to find your accommodation to be of a certain standard of repair and cleanliness. CarillionAmey, hold the contract to maintain and repair SFAs in the UK. They will endeavour to bring your new home up to the Move-in standard before you move in. The checklist of Move-in standards can be found in the Move In Standard Tick Sheet Booklet.


As the occupant it is your responsibility to register your dissatisfaction with the asset condition of your new SFA with CarillionAmey's Accommodation Officer on Move-in day or within a 14-day period immediately following your Move-in date.

The Local Area

The local RAF HIVE is an excellent source of information about the area that you are moving to and they will be able to provide you with a copy of the Station handbook. You can find out where your nearest HIVE is by taking a look at the directory on the RAF Community website.

The New Unit

You can also find out more about the unit you are moving to on the RAF Website.

A General Guide

CarillionAmey has published a useful Guide on the subject of living in Service Family Accommodation - 'Your guide to living in Service Family Accommodation'.


Share this page  facebook_logo_small

Back to Top