Moving between SFA’s or out of SFA

When you receive your next assignment order or you are looking to leave SFA you need to contact Pinnacle to book your pre-move out appointment. Details of the appointment and how to book can be found here on the Pinnacle website.

Moving Out process

To ensure you avoid unnecessary charges when you March-out of Service Family Accommodation (SFA) here are the steps you need to follow:

  • Book a pre-move out appointment with Amey once you have your Assignment Order. This should be booked at least 28 days before your March-out date.
  • At the pre-march out appointment the Housing Officer will walk around your SFA with you and advise you of any steps that need to be taken to bring your property up to March-out standard. They will also talk to you at this point about the Walkaway cleaning scheme.
  • You should carry out any repairs the Housing Officer has advised you of to avoid being charged after you March-out.
  • Once completed, you can arrange the final move-out appointment (via the e1132 if moving to another SFA or occupancy services: [email protected]), where you will officially hand the keys to the property back to the Housing Officer.

Full details are available on the Pinnacle website >

For information about moving into another SFA property visit our Move In pages >


These may be raised if there is any damage to your home not considered to be simply wear and tear – Full details can be found on DIO’s pages here>

Removal services

Agility Logistics Limited (Agility) is the MOD approved service provider for removals and is part of the Global Removal Management Services (GRMS). GRMS are responsible for the co-ordination, movement and storage of PE, and unaccompanied baggage. Contact is to be made through the Agility website as soon as you have an Assignment Order.

On the Agility website there are a number of help articles, including FAQs, Excess Baggage guidance, how to self-pack, etc. To access these document go to the Agility website and select ‘Help’ from menu options at the top of the page.

Agility menu

Information for Service leavers

When you are leaving the Service and moving to alternative accommodation you must notify DIO’s Loss of Entitlement Team and you will be sent your Notice to Vacate (NTV) (your notice period will depend on the circumstances of your leaving but is generally 93 days). Official guidance can be found on the GOV website.

It is possible to ask for an extension to remain in your SFA, where there is good availability, although you will be charged market rate for the property and it will normally be for a maximum of 12 months.  For any queries or issues contact DIO Loss of Entitlement team on 01904 418000 (Military 94510 8000) or email [email protected]