Thursday 14th September 2023
Armed Forces Continuous Attitude Survey (AFCAS) 2024 launched.
The HQ Air Occupational Psychology Team would like to announce the 2024 RAF AFCAS. The survey launched on 11th Sep 23 and runs until 5th Feb 24. Last year 43% of RAF participants returned an AFCAS; 12% higher than the tri-Service response rate.
Please be aware the survey is very busy when first launched and it maybe easier to access it at a less busy time. Your service number is your access code.
How you benefit from taking part
If you have been invited (by email on 5th September) to take part in this year’s AFCAS it is beneficial to you to take part – AFCAS feedback is used to inform RAF and tri-S staffs to improve the working lives of RAF personnel; and help shape the RAF Strategy. In particular:
- Improve career and talent management for junior ranks
- Monitor the impact of alternative working arrangements and improve flexible working opportunities
- Ensure people are treated fairly and drive out inappropriate behaviour.
- Improve access to sport, AT and FD
- Improve Service accommodation
- Provide evidence for the Armed Forces Pay Review Body
- Ensure specific RAF needs are reflected in developing tri-Service policy
AFCAS allows you to speak directly to the Air Force Main Board. You can tell them what’s good and bad with Service life from your perspective. Director People and Air Secretary, uses your feedback to develop and deliver an offer that reflects RAF requirements.
Your views are critical and the greater the number of survey respondents, the more evidence the RAF has to drive through the changes you want.
- AFCAS is sent to a randomly selected representative sample of personnel (to reduce survey burden) – check if you are eligible to take part
- AFCAS is 100% confidential.
- AFCAS is a way for you to share honest feedback.
- Those selected will receive an email invitation on 5th Sep to complete the questionnaire online.
Without your feedback, policy decisions may be made which don’t take into account the needs of RAF personnel.
If you’d like further information please contact us: Air-COSPers-Pol Psych Grp Mbox (MULTIUSER)