Tuesday 1st September 2020

Important information for parents about Children and Adolescent Mental Health Services (CAMHS).

Children and young people who have difficulties with their emotional or behavioural wellbeing may access services offered by CAMHS. Service children can be disadvantaged if their Serving parent is posted to a different location – here we advise how to access CAMHS and what you can do if you are posted.

How to access CAMHS for your child?

If your child has difficulty in these areas, then you should approach their GP or school for further advice and they may refer your child to CAMHS.

What should you do if your child is on the waiting list for CAMHS and you are posted?

If your child is currently on the waiting list for CAMHS and you have to move due to being posted, it is really important that you ask your current CAMHS to forward your referral to CAMHS in your new area to maintain your place on the waiting list. Ask for a copy of the referral so that you can take it to CAMHS in your new area. If you don’t take these steps you will lose your place on the waiting list in the new area.

Information about CAMHS

Information about this service for children and young people can be found on the CAMHS website.

For information about CAMHS in your local area, type CAMHS and the county you reside into a search engine.

Back to news Subscribe to eBulletin