You can explore Forces Families Jobs (FFJs) where all employers are ‘forces friendly’. Use FFJs as a one-stop-shop for all things to do with employment and training.
Scroll down to see all job vacancies
SENIOR HR BUSINESS PARTNER – RAF ASSOCIATION LEICESTER LE3 1UT
Salary: £50,825-£53,500 pa
37.5 hours a week
Our overall mission is simple: we are here to support the RAF family through the good times and the not so good. With your help, the Association will continue to empower vulnerable individuals by giving them the tools they need to proudly keep their freedom, dignity and independence. This is your chance to help us achieve this.
The Association’s people team is passionate about business partnering in its truest sense. Reporting to the Group Company Secretary, you will play a critical role in delivering the HR plan both in our charity and its subsidiaries. You will work closely with membership, welfare, marketing and fundraising, managing a small but dynamic team who, alongside you, are responsible for providing pragmatic, business and employee-focussed advice and support. You will utilise your excellent communication, coaching and influencing skills to drive employee engagement and manage change, ensuring that we retain motivated teams of employees who can deliver an excellent service to our members, beneficiaries and supporters.
As a Senior HR Business Partner, you will enjoy a varied role and a wide range of interactions daily. You will get exposure to many different aspects of the organisation and whatever you focus on, it will all be aimed at delivering the highest quality service to our internal and external customers.
Senior HR Business Partner Main Responsibilities:
The Senior HR Business Partner works as an integral part of the Secretariat of the Association and manages a team of four.
Recruitment and Selection:
We’re passionate about hiring and developing the best – it’s one of our leadership principles. You’ll have that passion too and will work with the Senior Management Team to ensure we attract select and develop great people. You’ll be involved in the full recruitment process from resource planning to succession planning. You’ll insist on the highest standards and will inspire your team to follow suit to ensure that internal and external candidates have a great recruitment experience. You will work closely with our Directors on local talent development plans to ensure that our leaders are getting the support and development they need to equip them for the next stage in their career at the Association.
Employee Relations and Engagement:
Our people are at the heart of what we do, we care about our employees so that they can care about our members, beneficiaries and supporters. You’ll be a true Business Partner, visible and a strong communicator who can ‘monitor the pulse’ of the Association. You’ll use your experience and instinct to know what will drive engagement forward – great leaders are right, a lot. Your solid HR background will be a platform on which you can build your credibility, earn the trust of others and will allow you to support and develop the Association’s Management team when they are dealing with complex HR issues.
Performance Management, Talent Management and Succession Planning:
Our Annual Review process ensures that we identify, develop and retain our future leaders. You’ll be customer obsessed and will work with the Senior Management Team to help them create robust development plans and help them to maximise performance within their teams. Working with the Directors you’ll Think Big about the development of people. You’ll ensure that the learning interventions required within the review process are identified and implemented to plan.
Your role is to lead and manage the HR team on a day-to-day basis. You’ll integrate yourself within the Senior Management Team, sharing best practice and expertise with your peers. You’ll have an open, credible communication style that makes you a ‘go to’ person and by taking pride in what you do and how you do it, you’ll be seen to lead by example. You will be progressive, hands-on and customer-obsessed with the credibility and gravitas to succeed in a fast-moving environment.
Senior HR Business Partner Experience and Qualifications:
- MCIPD qualified, preferably FCIPD.
- Excellent understanding of MS Office tools (Outlook, Excel) and the use and development of HR and Learning information systems (e.g. LearnUpon and Access).
- Broad business and commercial acumen at a management level
- Experience of managing an AE, DC and DB pension scheme
- TUPE and redundancy experience at senior level
- Experienced in developing and supporting line managers through change.
- Up to date with employment legislation, pensions legislation and best practice.
- In depth experience of the management of job evaluation schemes.
- Able to present articulately, confidently and enthusiastically to large audiences
- Evidence of well-researched, factual and persuasive written communication (e.g. strategy, business plans, annual report, formal reports)
- Previous successful relationship experience at a senior level with union officials
Want to know more? Then please download the job description and application form from our website rafa.org.uk. To apply, please send your completed application form to [email protected] before 1 pm on 5 November 2020.
Note that we do not accept CVs for this position and we do not deal with agencies, so no cold calls please
Please note important dates below
Closing Date: 1 pm 5 November
First Interview Date: 17 November
Second Interview Date: 20 November
Start Date: 4 January 2021 (this is essential)
Interviews will take place via video on Microsoft Teams
BRANCH AND MEMBERSHIP SUPPORT HUB SUPERVISOR – LEICESTER
Salary: £29,690 – £31,250 pa Full Time 37.5hours a week
The Royal Air Forces Association has an exciting opportunity for an individual with excellent planning and organisational skills to Oversee the Branch and Membership Administrators to ensure that outstanding customer service is provided to members, and the best level of support provided to branches, and the operational delivery teams. This is a senior administrative post to support the key branch and membership area, and includes planning, project management and delivery of the Association’s five area conferences and the Annual Conference. In support of the Branch and Membership Operations and Plans Manager, act as the primary point of contact to resolve branch and member related issues.
- Resolving complex queries from members and other stakeholders, resolving escalated issues
- Project manage, plan and deliver the five area conferences and the Association’s Annual Conference
- Ensuring membership administrative processing is efficient, customer focussed, and reviewed regularly with excellence in mind
- Build and maintain CRM data reports, providing an analysis of day-to-day membership trends
Requirements of Post Holder include:
- Previous experience of supervisory duties, managing a varied, diverse workload
- Previous experience of customer-focussed service delivery
- Previous experience of running large concurrent events
- ECDL (Advanced) or equivalent experience in a similar role
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Excellent inter-personal skills
- Previous experience of complaint resolution
Communication and Relationships
- Lead and maintain an excellent working relationship with all Branch and Membership
- Department operational delivery areas
- Dealing with branch and membership queries in an empathetic, calm, measured and professional manner, and in accordance with Association policies
- Provide first point of contact for dealing with all escalated queries on membership issues
- Required to participate in and contribute as appropriate to team meetings
- Build and maintain strong and co-operative working relationships with inter-departmental colleagues
Benefits of the RAF Association
- Competitive salary with 36 days annual leave and various staff benefits
- Flexible working requests will be considered
** Please note that we do not accept CVs for this position
Want to know more? Then please contact our friendly HR team on 0116 268 8754 who will be happy to have a chat and send you further information. Alternatively the job description and application form are available to download on our website rafa.org.uk. To apply, please send your completed application form to [email protected]
Please note important dates below
Closing Date: 2 pm on Thursday 29 October
Interviews will take place during week commencing 2 November
All initial first stage interviews will take place via video call on Microsoft Teams