You can explore Forces Families Jobs (FFJs) where all employers are ‘forces friendly’. Use FFJs as a one-stop-shop for all things to do with employment and training.
Scroll down to see all job vacancies
CASEWORK ADMINISTRATOR AT RAF ASSOCIATION LEICESTER LE3 1UT
Salary: £18763 – £19750 per annum 37.5 hours per week worked Monday – Friday
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Administrator to help us make sure serving and veteran RAF personnel (and their families) get the help and support they deserve. This is a busy and demanding role and the ideal candidate will have a proven track record of working within a busy customer focused environment and demonstrate a high level of empathy and confidentiality at all times.
Requirements of role include
• Being the first point of contact for welfare enquires and requests which may be sensitive and upsetting
• Dealing with all general telephone enquiries and correspondence to the welfare department and forwarding to the appropriate department
• Experience of working with databases and case management platforms
• Input and upkeep of CMS database and being able to produce analysis reports, charts etc
• Communicate clearly and sensitively when assisting with and accepting requests from beneficiaries, volunteers, members and welfare enquiries and visitors
• Drafting and sending routine letters and e-mails in respect of welfare matters.
• Any other duties commensurate with this level of post as required by your line manager
• To provide excellent administration support covering a broad range of duties including General administration in support of the team including typing, photocopying, filing, answering of phones
• Self-motivated during times when you may be required to work from home due to COVID 19 guidelines
It is highly recommended that you read the supporting job description and person specification prior to applying for the role. We make shortlisting decisions based on the evidence within your application form which demonstrates specifically that you have required skills and experience required.
Application packs including a full job description are available to download below.
Please note that we only accept completed RAF Association application forms, no CVs please.
Please note important dates below
Closing Date: 8am on Thursday 3rd December 2020
Interview Date: Wednesday 9th December by video call via Microsoft Teams
DEPUTY NURSERY MANAGER
RAFA Kidz Nursery, RAF Odiham RG29 1QD
£24,342 37.5hrs per week worked over 4 days (preferred)
We are recruiting on behalf of RAFA Kidz (a wholly owned subsidiary of the RAF Association) We have a rewarding opportunity for a passionate and enthusiastic Deputy Manager to work flexibly to join our friendly team at our vibrant nursery which supports the RAF family based in Odiham.
Essential qualifications and experience for this position include
- Minimum Level 3 qualification in Children and Young Peoples Workforce or equivalent.
- Paediatric First Aid (full)
- Knowledge and understanding of the current legislations in Health and Safety, Environmental Health and Food Standards Agency
- Working knowledge of the Early Years Foundation Stage and current Ofsted statutory guidance
- Ability to co-ordinate in a specific specialist area e.g. SENCO
- To be the deputy Designated Safeguarding Officer and ensure that all practitioners and support staff have a sound awareness of the Safeguarding Policy and that all staff to understand their role in safeguarding all children
The post holder responsibilities include
- Assist the Nursery Manager with the efficient running of the nursery and deputise as Nursery Manager in their absence
- To ensure compliance with all policies, procedures and regulatory requirements
- To ensure the effective deployment of staff throughout the nursery day
- Create and maintain a culture of self-evaluation and reflective practise
- Ensure that all staff develop and maintain friendly and professional relationships with parents and carers.
Want to know more? Then please contact our Nursery Manager, Laura Randall on 01256 262067. Alternatively please send your CV to [email protected] We’d love to hear from you!
- We pay the cost of your DBS
- Ongoing training provision
- Free Onsite parking
- Pension scheme
- Uniform provided
The role requires a satisfactory, enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check on appointment and every three years thereafter
A full job description is available on request. Further information about our nurseries can be found on our website rafakidz.org.uk
Closing Date: 8am Monday 30th November
First Interview: Friday 4th December via Microsoft Teams/ZoomSecond Interview by arrangement to visit Nursery