Keeping in Touch
Staying in touch can with what is happening RAF-wise can sometimes be difficult. Here is a list of links to those organisations you might find of use.
RAF FF Website
Keep an eye on our website and news stories for up-to-date news and developments, (the website is updated daily). If you'd like a summary of the key stories sent direct to your inbox, you might like to consider signing up to our eBULLETIN. We send out an eBulletin approximately once a week.
Please think before you share anything online and please read the Families section on what not to do whilst on social media etc on GOV.UK
If you are a parent of someone in the RAF or actually thinking of joining yourself, we also have a specific Facebook Group and that's great for all our members on there supporting each other and sharing some great experiences. We monitor that group and find that mostly the parents and other Serving personnel answer each other's questions, without the need for us to get involved. Everyone is vetted too when you request to join as your safety is of paramount importance to us.
RAF Reserve Personnel Facebook Group: A group for Reserve personnel and their families.
The RAF official website offers a plethora of information on all things RAF, including aircraft, stations, history.
RAF Airspace is a a controlled access community website for serving RAF personnel, senior retired officers, reservists and their families.
MOD website: The site offers information on all three services..
BFBS (British Forces Broadcasting Service)
BFBS has always had the intention of informing and entertaining military personnel, whereever they may be in the world. Now on DAB radio and with more TV channels they increasing their reach. BFBS as well as being good entertainment and will carry items of new and interest and have a relevance for the whole Service Community.
Record a story for your son or daughter whilst away on deployment or on a course
RAF News is the newspaper of the RAF. It is published fortnightly and available from newsagents and on Station.
RAF Station Websites
- Brize Norton
- High Wycombe
- Linton on Ouse
- MOD St Athan
- St Mawgan
RAF associated WEBSITES
- Marhamhub Support for the RAF Marham community
- baybrits.us Supporting the British military families serving in Hampton Roads
- militarywiveschoirs Their own dedicated website, where the choirs are and how to get in touch
These sites do not come with our recommendation but they never-the-less discuss Service issues which maybe useful.
- Mumsnet By Parents for Parents
- PPRuNe The Professional Pilots Rumour Network
- E-Goat The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network
- HM Forces A Service Community Site
- RAFairmen's Blog Life as an RAF Airman
- forceschatter A Chat Room for families & friends of the UK Armed Forces
- AirMech A forum for Aircraft Engineers, includes an RAF section
- gransnet.com Social networking site for grandparents
- RearParty A forum for Forces Wives, Partners, Friends and Family
- IV Squadron RAF
- 99 Sqn Cycle Team
- 2620 Squadron RAF Reserves
- 2623 Sqn Royal Auxiliary Air Force Regiment
- 7644 Squadron, Media Reserves
- Battle of Britain Memorial Flight (Official)
- BFBS Radio
- Combat Stress
- CSE Events & Entertainment
- Driving Force - a group for MTD's and their families to meet, keep in touch, ask questions and support each other, regardless of location.
- Forces TV
- Married Quarters-r-us
- Military Wives Choir
- Military Wives & Partners in and around Rutland
- Military Wives Association
- Ministry of Defence
- Op: Doula
- RAF Official RAF Facebook page
- Akrotiri Friends - A Group designed for people to make new friends in Akrotiri / Episkopi.
- RAF Akrotiri WAGs
- RAF Association
- RAF Athletics Association
- RAF Benevolent Fund
- Royal Air Force Benson
- RAF Benson Community Social - the only official social group for Benson personnel and families.
- RAF Boulmer HIVE
- RAF Boulmer WAGs
- RAF Brize Norton WAGs
- RAF Community Relations Officer for Wales
- RAF Coningsby HIVE
- RAF Cosford Military & Spouses - This page is for the use of male and female dependants of serving personnel and serving personnel within RAF Cosford only.
- Cottesmore WAGs
- RAF Cranwell WAGs
- Digby Community Connections - for the use of all Digby dependants and personnel.
- RAF Fairford Residents, Help & Info. - RAF Fairford Residents help and info Page.
- RAF Falcons
- RAF Halton Community Hub - This page is the official Community page for RAF Halton Permanent staff personnel & their families. It is a Community group run by RAF Halton Personnel.
- Wags of Henlow - A group for the wives, girlfriends and ex Henlow wags of RAF Henlow.
- Wives of RAF Honington
- Ickenham/Uxbridge Forces WAGs
- Ladies and Gents @ Leeming!
- RAF Leeming Community Support Team
- Leuchars Station Families Page
- RAF Lossiemouth
- RAF LOSSIE WAGS
- RAF Lossiemouth Owls RUFC
- Marham Community Support - This is a family orientated webpage for the Marham and local community
- Marham Information Page - This is an information page for people who live, work or are moving to Marham.
- Medmenham Social & Information swap - A friendly, welcoming group set up to help Families living on the Medmenham patch.
- RAF Northolt WAGs
- RAF Odiham Social Network
- RAF Odiham WAGs
- RAF Quarters
- RAF Recruitment
- Scampton W.A.G.S - Not just for dependents of military personnel based at both RAF Scampton and RAF Waddington but is also for the civilians living on the estate that would like to meet new people.
- Stafford Families Beaconside patch - This group is for families moving to the Beaconside patch in Stafford.
- Ladies of MOD St Athan :) - This group is aimed at ladies who live around St Athan who's Husbands/Boyfriends are serving at St Athan or ladies who are serving there themselves.
- St Mawgan Forces Families Club - Forces family organisation committed to improving the community facilities and events for the military families based at St Eval, St Columb and Treloggen.
- RAF Valley
- RAF Valley Mountain Rescue Team
- RAF Waddington Community Committee
- RAFWARMA( Royal Air Force Walking and Road Marching Association
- RAF Wittering Mums & Tots
- The Patch Wittering
- The Women of Wittering - A group for the Women of Wittering aged 18 or above
- RAF Wyton & Brampton Wives/Partners - A community and support page for military families whilst assigned to RAF Wyton or Brampton
- Recruit for Spouses
- Royal Air Force Carp Angling
- SAR Winchmen UK (RN, RAF and the Civvies)
- Veterans UK
- Support4Spouses - Support4Spouses is a FB Group for the British Services, whom have children with a an additional need.
- Support4Spouses+ - Support4spouses+ is a support group for military spouses or partners who have some form of disability or additional needs.
- The Royal Air Force Central Band
- The Royal Air Force Museum, London
- The Royal Air Force Squadronaires
- Tickets for Troops
- The Royal Air Force Official RAF YouTube
Share this page Tweet