I have just found out that we cannot get our child into the school of our choice.  Can anyone help us?
You should contact the Children's Education Advisory Service (CEAS) - more information and their website.  They are the education experts for the Armed Forces family and will be able to advise you on the appeals process

I am accompanying my husband on an ISODET.  I would like to speak to someone about our child's education.  We are the only married/accompanied family out here and there's no local community support.
We recommend you contact Service Children's Education - more information and their website. They are the experts on overseas education issues.

Our chidren have been allocated places at different schools but I do not have transport to get them there.  Are we entitled to free school transport?
You need to contact your Local Education Authority as they will be able to advise you on local policy.

I want to withdraw my child from boarding school.  Will I have to repay the CEA?
There are strict rules regarding the Continuity of Education Allowance (CEA) and there have been recent amendments to the policy. Before you do anything, we recommend that you read Chapter 9 of JSP 752 and speak to CEAS as they will need to be involved in your case.

Are my children being disadvantaged because they do not attend a school in England and therefore not eligible for the Pupil Premium?
The RAF FF have already elevated this issue to the Armed Forces Covenant Team and also to the Devolved Governments.  In the meantime if your child attends a state school anywhere in the UK, the school can apply for funding from the MoD £3M school fund.  To read more on this click here.

Share this page  facebook_logo_small

Back to Top