Joining the RAF

My partner is joining the RAF - would we be entitled to a house?
The current MoD policy states that serving personnel who are over the age of 18, have completed initial training and are serving on a regular engagement with the UK Armed Forces will be entitled to live in Service Families Accommodation if they are married or in a civil partnership. The MoD does not allow unmarried couples to co-habit in Service accommodation. Further details can be found in JSP 464.

What would my starting pay be if I joined the RAF Regiment?
The current RAF pay scales can be found on the RAF Community Support pages on the RAF website. For more information on Pay and Allowances and the website link Click here.

I thinking about joining the RAF but I am a single parent and wondered what would happen in this case.
Your local Armed Forces Careers Office will be able to answer any questions you have about joining the RAF. Alternatively, you can call 0845 605 5555 or go on to the RAF Careers website and ask questions there.

Share this page  facebook_logo_small

Back to Top