MortgagesIf you are thinking of buying or already own your own home but need some advice on financial property matters there are many organisations and schemes offering assistance.

Joint Service Housing Advice Office (JSHAO): The JSHAO provides specific housing information to encourage Service personnel and their families to consider their civilian housing options at any point in their career.

Forces Help to Buy: A scheme to help armed forces personnel get on the property ladder.

Money Advice Service: A useful source of information which includes calculators for mortgages, mortgage affordability and stamp duty and free printed guides on property matters.

Citizens Advice: Advice on buying a home

Armed Forces Covenant: Since December 2016 members of the Armed Forces redeployed within the UK and abroad have been able to rent out their primary residence without facing higher costs or having to change their mortgage.

The useful links section offers a selection of services and organisations that may be able to help you.