How to Apply for SFA

Moving to Service Family Accommodation (SFA)

If you are new to the Royal Air Force family or moving into SFA in England, N. Ireland, Scotland or Wales, you can talk to an expert who will be able to guide you through the process of applying for your SFA. The CarillionAmey Occupancy Services Team Helpdesk is a ‘one stop shop’ for your SFA enquiries.  They will also be able to assist you through the SFA application process (1132).

Who to Contact

CarillionAmey Occupancy Services Team You can call them on Freephone: 0800 707 6000 Select Option 3 (for calls made within the UK, mobile users may incur charges) or using the alternative telephone number: 0151 728 1630

For customers calling the CarillionAmey Helpdesk, who opt for Option 3 - Moving Home or Licence Queries, you will be given 3 further options:
Option 1 - for the South West.
Option 2 - for the South East.
Option 3 - for the rest of the UK.

Or you can email the team:

Applying for SFA

Applicants need to complete the MOD Form 1132 - there is an on-line version as well as a paper version. 

To go to SFA Application form 1132 Click here

On-line Version

The online form offers applicants additional choice and advantages over the paper version including:

  • Provides information throughout the form to help you complete it.
  • Validates the information to ensure you can’t submit an incomplete form.
  • Allows you to save your form so you can complete it later.
  • Allows you to track the progress of your application.
  • Means your information can be directly transferred to systems, which could speed up the process.

The e-1132 is hosted on the Defence Intranet, rather than the Internet, to ensure security of data. The e-1132 can be found on the Admin tab of the Defence Intranet or be found at the following link:

Please note that this link can only be accessed from an MOD system that has access to the Defence Intranet.

Paper Version

The paper form is available in the Defence Intranet Library, on the Gov website under SFA Forms, on the Service Family Accommodation section and from your local HIVE. 

Additional Needs Provision

The CarrillionAmey staff can also help if you or your family members have any additional needs or disability requirements which may require alterations to be made to your SFA. They can liaise with the appropriate welfare agencies to ensure that, wherever possible, you get a home which meets the needs of your family.

You must remember though to include all relevant information, with supporting written medical evidence, on your application for SFA. You can find out more in the 'Your guide to living in Service Family Accommodation'.

For more information about the support available to you if a member of your family has a disability or additional needs, please see our Family Support and Education webpages.

Retention of SFA Beyond Entitlement

DIO staff at RAF Wyton will also deal with requests for the retention of your SFA eg if your children are at a critical stage in their education and you don’t want them to move schools at the time that you are due to be posted – more information can be found here.

Entitlement Rules and Regs

To access all of the formal information about your entitlement, and the application process, on the DIO Service Family Accommodation pages.

Going Overseas

If you are moving to an overseas posting, further information can be found on the Gov website here.


Share this page  facebook_logo_small

Back to Top