How to apply for SFA

Moving to Service Family Accommodation (SFA)

If you are new to the Royal Air Force family or moving into SFA in England, N. Ireland, Scotland or Wales, you can talk to an expert who will be able to guide you through the process of applying for your SFA. The Amey – Allocations (Occupancy Services team) Helpdesk is a ‘one stop shop’ for your SFA enquiries.  They will also be able to assist you through the SFA application process (e1132).

Who to Contact

Amey – Allocations (Occupancy Services team)

You can call them on Freephone: 0800 707 6000 (option 3) (for calls made within the UK, mobile users may incur charges) or using the alternative telephone number: 0151 728 1630 – Lines open 24/7, 365 days per year. Call Amey from overseas: +44 151 728 1630.

Or you can email the team: [email protected]

Applying for SFA

Details for applying for SFA are available on the Amey website.

You can find out more information about living in Service Family Accommodation in the Your guide to living in Service Family Accommodation.

Additional Needs Provision

The Amey staff can also help if you or your family members have any additional needs or disability requirements which may require alterations to be made to your SFA. They can liaise with the appropriate welfare agencies to ensure that, wherever possible, you get a home which meets the needs of your family.

You must remember though to include all relevant information, with supporting written medical evidence, on your application for SFA. You can find out more in the Your guide to living in Service Family Accommodation and in the associated infographics:

Additional needs and disabled requirements for service family accommodation

For more information about the support available to you if a member of your family has a disability or additional needs, please see our Family Support and Education webpages.

Retention of SFA Beyond Entitlement

Information is available on the Amey website (under Loss of Entitlement at the bottom of the linked page).

Entitlement Rules and Regs

JSP 464 is the definitive policy for the provision of service family accommodation, single living accommodation and the substitute equivalents.

To access all of the formal information about your entitlement, and the application process, go to the DIO Service Family Accommodation pages.

Going Overseas

If you are moving to an overseas posting, further information can be found on GOV.UK or the DIO Service Family Accommodation pages or JSP 464.