Joining the RAF
Today’s modern RAF is a highly respected inclusive organisation made up of full-time Regulars and spare-time Reserves working side-by-side to make a difference. As a force for good the RAF gets involved in everything from preventing civil war to delivering humanitarian aid, aiding communities in the UK and hosting ceremonial events.
To find out more, visit the RAF website
If you are joining the RAF you’ll need to meet certain criteria. Eligibility check.
Armed Forces Careers Offices (AFCOs) map and postcode locator.
Regardless of role, gender, age, background or qualifications, they offer:
- World-class training and ongoing development
- A highly competitive benefits package
- A culture of camaraderie
- Individual responsibility within a wider team of exceptional individuals
- Full-time Regular and spare-time Reserve commitment levels
- The ability to see and stay in touch with your friends and family, while also forging new friendships
- Sporting opportunities and facilities
- Top-of the line kit
- The opportunity to be part of an equal opportunity organisation listed as one of the Times Top 50 Employers for Women
Take a look at our Service personnel section
Image: Royal Air Force armourers working on a Paveway guided bomb fitted to a Tornado GR4 from 2 (Army Cooperation)Squadron at Kandahar Airfield, Afghanistan. Contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0.