Job vacancy – East Norfolk Sixth Form College
East Norfolk Sixth Form College currently have a vacancy as a part time Combined Cadet Force School Staff Instructor (SSI) and Duke of Edinburgh Activity Coordinator (DEAC).
This part time role works on 21 hours per week (to be worked flexibly), term time only on a fixed term from September 2018 – August 2020 (in the first instance).
The applicant is likely to be an ex-Senior Non Commissioned Officer with military background. They will play an integral part in growing and developing the Combined Cadet Force (CCF), working with the Contingent Commander, CFAVs and the 7th Infantry Brigade HQ East and Cadet Training Team. They will be responsible for the day to day running of the CCF, including parade sessions, expeditions, training courses and recruitment. The postholder will also provide specialist knowledge, support and training for the practical elements of the Duke of Edinburgh Award, liaising closely with the Duke of Edinburgh Administrator in the Work Related Learning team. They will arrange and lead expeditions and undertake appropriate training and development for students. Salary in range £21,133 up to £23,170 fte.*
*up to 51 additional days remuneration can be claimed from the MoD.
- Senior Non Commissioned Officer with military background (ex-regular or Reserve Forces)
- Sound knowledge of military systems and processes
- GCSE Maths and English at grade C or above (or equivalent at Level 2 awards) or willing to work towards
- Full, clean driving licence (including D1 and access to own vehicle)
- First Aid qualification (or willing to obtain)
- Knowledge/understanding of health and safety and risk assessments
- Extensive armed forces experience
- Experience in presenting/delivering information/training
- Good level of IT skills, competency using MS Office and ability to learn new systems as required
The application pack is available online.
Closing date: Midday 25 June 2018
Interviews will be held: w/c 2 July 2018
If you know someone who might be interested in applying, and they are suitably qualified, please pass this information to them.