Loneliness and social isolation: The Armed Forces community in Wales
Following the recent information gathering session held by the Welsh Government on 5th December regarding Loneliness and social isolation, we would now like to share details of a small grants scheme that the Welsh Government is making available for bids from organisations undertaking activity in this area. This money has been made available by the Health and Social Services department in Welsh Government to support work around the new Loneliness and Social Isolation strategy.
The fund – comprising £120,000 – will be open to bids from organisations undertaking targeted activity to alleviate loneliness and social isolation amongst one or more of the following groups:
• Spouses of Serving military personnel living (spouse/family must be currently living in Wales);
• Members of the Armed Forces community who have caring responsibilities / are carers of members of the Armed Forces community;
• Members of the Armed Forces community living with limb loss / use of a limb / loss of sight;
• Members of the Armed Forces community who may be digitally excluded from society;
• Members of the Armed forces community with difficulties accessing existing provision due to where they live.
At this stage, interested organisations are invited to submit an expression of interest (2 sides A4 maximum) to include the following:
- A description of the proposed project activity with timelines for delivery (max.600 words);
- Breakdown of costs of the project activity;
- Description of how outcomes will be evidenced.
We are anticipating significant interest in this fund. Funding must be utilised for additional / new activity to address issues around loneliness and social isolation (not to be used for ‘business as usual or to cover costs of existing activity / groups). Bids will be subject to Welsh Government funding rules and regulations. Maximum funding bid per organisation is £25,000. It is a necessity that any applicants have experience delivering support in this area.
The deadline for expressions of interest is c.o.p. Monday 6th January 2020. Funding will be allocated and will be required to be spent by the end of the current financial year 2019/20. Expressions of interest documents to be sent to [email protected]