Project Speed: Additional Government Funding to Improve SFA
On 17 July 2020 the Defence Secretary and the Chancellor of the Exchequer jointly announced £200M of new Government funding to improve accommodation for Service personnel and to help stimulate the construction industry which had been adversely affected by the Covid-19 pandemic.
These exciting improvement works will take place over the next 18 months throughout the UK Service Family Accommodation (SFA) estate. For details of these improvements and how these works will be carried out, please view this guidance document on GOV.UK.
Working safely on the SFA Estate through the Covid-19 Pandemic
Despite the restrictions caused by the Covid-19 pandemic, including the imminent “firebreak” in Wales, Amey’s focus remains on providing the full range of accommodation services and to get ahead of the challenges that winter always presents. The safety of Service families and staff remains their highest priority.
When you contact the Amey call centre regarding repairs or maintenance to your SFA, you must inform staff if anyone in your household is self-isolating or has Covid-19 symptoms. In addition, Amey staff and their supply chain will follow Government guidelines “Working safely during COVID-19 in other people’s homes” and protect your health and safety by:
- Confirming in advance whether anyone at the property is self-isolating or social distancing
- Wearing appropriate PPE, including a face covering, in your home
- Washing hands for 20+ seconds using soap and warm water at the nearest available hand wash basin on arrival and before departure
- Using anti-bacterial alcohol-based hand gel where there are no hand washing facilities
- Wearing an ID card in a visible position
- Remaining more than 2 metres from other people
- Asking occupants to move to another room/area while the work is carried out
- Cleaning tools and equipment using sanitisation spray or wipes.
Further details on how Amey will carry out repairs, maintenance and mandatory checks in your home, fully in line with Government and Devolved Administration advice, can be viewed in this video animation.
Fiscal funding infographic. DIO Crown Copyright 2020.