What you need to know: Maintenance and repairs for SFA
From the issues we received in to the RAF Families Federation in the last 12 months about housing and accommodation, repairs and maintenance is one of the top three. In this help article we address the most frequently asked questions:
- Who provides the maintenance on your SFA?
- How do you report a fault or repair?
- What are your responsibilities?
Who is responsible for maintenance on SFA?
Amey is responsible for the maintenance of Service Family Accommodation (SFA) in the United Kingdom and this service is free to you as occupants but with the caveat of some general areas you are responsible for and are listed below.
How to report a fault with your SFA?
To report any SFA defects, Amey has a helpdesk which is open 24 hrs a day 365 days a year. Non-urgent repairs can also be reported online.
Freephone: 0800 707 6000, select Option 1 (for calls made within the UK, mobile users may incur charges).
Alternative phone: 0151 728 1630
Website: Amey Defence Services
SFA tenant responsibilities?
There are some basic essentials that you are responsible for in looking after the property during your time of occupancy:
- Changing domestic fuses and light bulbs
- Taking precautions to prevent damage to the SFA by fire, frost, the bursting of water pipes and the blocking of drains
- Clearing any sink or bath blockages
- Routine testing and cleaning of smoke detectors and carbon monoxide alarms
- Resetting of electrical trip switches due to faulty bulbs
- Ensuring that all repairs are reported to the relevant maintenance helpdesk as they occur
- Ensure you have Licence to Occupy insurance to cover you for example, in the event of a fire (contact us if you aren’t sure what this is!)
Contact the RAF FF Team
If you are experiencing an issue with your service accommodation contact us online in the first instance. We have two housing experts on the team who can provide advice and guidance.
More information on Housing
As well as the Housing and Accommodation section of the website, we share a weekly roundup of the latest information in our eBulletin and our quarterly Envoy magazine – sign up and keep yourself up to date with the latest information.