Visiting Europe from 1 January 2021
GOV.UK tells you how to prepare if you’re planning on travelling to Europe from 1 January 2021. It will be updated if anything changes.
Travel to the EU, Switzerland, Norway, Iceland or Liechtenstein will change from 1 January 2021.
Things you may need to do before you go include:
- check your passport
- get travel insurance that covers your healthcare
- check you have the right driving documents
- organise pet travel – contact your vet at least 4 months before you go
There are more things to do if you’re travelling for business. For example, going to meetings and conferences, providing services (even with a charity), and touring art or music.
Read the whole page which includes:
- Passports: check if you need to renew
- Healthcare: check you’re covered
- Travel (including pet travel)
- Mobile roaming: free roaming may end
- If your travel company goes out of business
- Other changes from 1 Jan 2021 (declaring cash of £10k or more, taking goods abroad to sell, business trip planning, EU nationals wanting to continue living in the UK – or a UK national living in the EU