Warrior Programme Regional Co-ordinator job vacancy
This full time job vacancy is to be the serving personnel and families point of contact in the South (Wiltshire, Hampshire, Oxfordshire and Buckinghamshire) on a tri-service basis. LIBOR funded for two years. Applications close 4 May ’18.
Job title: Warrior Programme Regional Co-ordinator (serving personnel and families) South(Wilts, Hamps, Ox & Bucks area)
Salary: Full time (£25,000 – £30,000 dependent on experience) 2 year contract
Responsible to: Lead Regional Co-ordinator
Main purpose of the role: To be the Serving Personnel & Families point of contact in the region
The Warrior Programme is a registered charity (founded in 2007). Our focus has been on working with veterans and their families, who have found the transition from service life particularly difficult.
The Programme equips participants with tools and strategies that build resilience, engagement and focus. It is delivered through an intensive 3 day personal development programme with 12 months follow on support to embed and extend learning.
Since its inception The Warrior Programme has worked with over 1500 individuals. We have undertaken rigorous evaluation from the outset and subjected results to external academic scrutiny. Long term outcomes demonstrate the efficacy of the programme; including a reduction in anger, aggression and frustration, increased energy and motivation, improved relationships with family and friends and an increased engagement in other services.
Building on the success of working with veterans and their families, we secured Armed Forces Covenant funding to develop the programme for Serving families, recognising the additional stresses and strains that families can be under, and we are in the process of rolling this out to them
In November 2017 we were awarded LIBOR funding to introduce the programme for Serving personnel (Tri Service) and are therefore seeking to recruit a Co-ordinator to lead on this initiative, as well as integrate it with our existing Serving families work.
- Develop and maintain partnership relations with the chain of command, welfare services, agencies and charities (to include presentations to promote The Warrior Programme)
- Identify appropriate attendees for the courses and upload information to Customer Relations Management (CRM)
- To be the lead Co-ordinator and host participants on residential courses
- Liaise with participants post course to check on their health + wellbeing through telephone calls, email, text or social media when tasked by the Monitoring Co-ordinator
- Sign post Warriors to appropriate support to continue personal development where appropriate
- Any other duties related to the post as designated by the Operations Director and Lead Co-ordinator
For further information, download the full person specification.