The NHS is about to launch a brand new NHS Armed Forces Health Podcast. The first episode will be released on Wednesday, 03 August 2022.
This podcast series is to be used as a resource for the Armed Forces community to support them in understanding and navigating the NHS and to raise awareness of how to become empowered advocates for their own health as a patient or family member of one.
Six NHS Podcast episodes
There are six episodes in all taking the listener on a journey through the different aspects of the NHS. They can listen to the whole series or one that is relevant to them.
The series will be released over 6 weeks as follows:
- Episode 1: Wed 03 August – What is the AFPPV? With Kate Davies, Nicky Murdoch & Tom Fox
- Episode 2: Wed 10 August – Military Medical Experience & Leaving With Dr Johnathan Leach, Paul Findlay & Kate King
- Episode 3: Wed 17 August – Your GP WIth Dr Johnathan Leach, Kat Dalby-Welsh & Paul Findlay
- Episode 4 : Wed 24 August – Physical HealthWith Shehan Hettiarachy, Gregg Stevenson & Teresa Griffiths
- Episode 5: Wed 31 August – Mental Health With Dr Dan Barnard, Tom Fox & Jo Jukes
- Episode 6: Wed 07 September – Family/ChildrenWith Andrea Collins, Jenny Ward & Jess Stirling-Yeatman
How to listen
The podcast will be available on all podcasts apps and channels and will be searchable under the name of the NHS Armed Forces Health Podcast.
The podcast team believe that this podcast can really change lives by familiarising people with the work that the NHS England Armed Forces Patient and Public Voice (AFPPV) Group does. They hope to reach those who would otherwise not know what services are available to them, and by doing so improve their lives and journeys to recovery.
Follow them on social media