Wednesday 14th October 2020

The Department for Work and Pensions has confirmed members of the Armed Forces and Crown servants are exempt from the basic condition of being in Great Britain to claim Universal Credit.

What does this mean for RAF personnel serving overseas? If you are already claiming Universal Credit you are still able to claim overseas. However if, as the partner of a member of the Armed Forces, you are not working, you must still satisfy the work-related requirements and meet the Universal Credit claimant commitment whilst overseas.

If you have faced issues when claiming overseas, raise it with us so we can support you.

Back to news Subscribe to eBulletin