Wednesday 12th May 2021
Get ready for take-off, the RAF Museum reopens next week!
The RAF Museum will reopen from Monday 17 May 2021. Tickets remain free to all visitors however a timed ticket approach has been introduced to guarentee the space needed for a safe and enjoyable day out.
To ensure the safety of all guests, The Museum has been working hard behind the scenes to prepare new social distancing measures. In preparation for re-opening a one-way visitor flow and a limit of the number of people in each building will be in place when the Museum reopens on 17 May. Hand sanitiser will be available at the entrance to each hangar and throughout each building. Hand washing facilities are also available in all Museum buildings. Visitors are encouraged to act in a manner that respects the safety of others.
The RAF Museum is unique in terms of its size, it offers wide open spaces – both inside and out, and a range of exhibits that will engage the whole family. The large green spaces are ideal for a summer picnic and take-away food is also on offer from the onsite our restaurants.
- 6 Hangars full of the most amazing aircraft ever? Check!
- Playground for kids? Check!
- Nice big outdoor areas for summer games and picnics? Check!
- Car parking? Check!
- Restaurants and café? Check!
- Social distancing signage and sanitiser? Check!
- Gift shop with toys to keep the kids quiet on the way home? Check!
- Free to enter!? Check!