Relocating to England

If you are settling in LondonStoll London supports individuals and their families transitioning from HM Armed Forces with advice and support in all areas, including support to gain financial assistance from relevant organisations; housing advice, advice on welfare; money and debt management; addiction and mental health issues.

Don’t forget your local authorities. Many offer excellent advice services to serving and ex-serving families covering housing, education, employment and many more.

Here are just few examples:

In Devon, there is Devon Forces Family offering advice and support on a range of issues.

In Surrey the County Council has a webpage with dedicated advice for serving and ex Armed Forces families.

Warwickshire County Council offer advice and support for leaving the Armed Services through a dedicated webpage. They have an excellent set of e-learning packages including one developed specifically for families and one on Transition available soon.

Liverpool Veterans can guide you through some of the processes which stand between you and a place to call home.

Gateshead and Tyneside has an Armed Forces Outreach Service which helps veterans make the transition from military life back into civilian life and also support serving members of the Armed Forces and their families.

Back to Transition section