Friday 6th November 2020
We understand that this second lockdown is a worrying time for Service personnel and their families, and the team at the Defence Infrastructure Organisation (DIO) would like to reassure you that during this time, improvement works, repairs and maintenance services and move-in/outs throughout England, should NOT be impacted and business will continue as usual. Including for Substitute Accommodation.
The safety of Service Family Accommodation (SFA) occupants and DIO/Amey staff remains a top priority as the pandemic continues. When you contact the Amey call centre regarding repairs or maintenance to your SFA, you must inform staff if anyone in your household is self-isolating, has COVID-19 symptoms or is considered vulnerable. Amey staff and their supply chain will continue to follow Government guidelines ”working safely during COVID-19 in other people’s homes”. Further details on how Amey will safely carry out repairs, maintenance and mandatory checks in your home, fully in line with Government and Devolved Administration advice, can be viewed in this video animation.
In accordance with current COVID-19 safe working arrangements and Government guidance, the following measures will be applied from 5 November:
- Improvement Works – we will continue to undertake improvement works on void properties. In occupied properties, internal and external improvement projects will continue where occupants are not self-isolating.
- Move-In/Outs – we shall reintroduce ‘virtual’ pre-move-out and move-in/out inspections to minimise contact and reduce the operational impact of delayed moves or follow on assignments.
- Safety Checks – provided occupants are not self-isolating, planned statutory and mandatory checks will continue as these are safety critical (Amey will phone ahead to confirm with occupants before attending the property).
- Response Maintenance – All levels of Maintenance (Emergency, Critical, Urgent and Routine) will be undertaken during this lockdown period.
- Grounds Maintenance – these tasks will continue as required in accordance with social distancing guidelines.
NOTE: We understand that occupants may have concerns about contractors visiting their homes. Please contact Amey BEFORE any visit is due, to update them and to rebook your visit.
Further information can be found on Amey’s webpages
Moving In and Out of SFA
The Government has issued guidance on moving house, and moves are being permitted; this situation will continue to be monitored. If Service personnel are due to move into or out of SFA throughout the UK during the lockdown they should contact Amey for up-to-date guidance.
The lockdown may restrict the ability of Mears, our industry partner, to provide a full Substitute Accommodation service. For example, although Government guidance indicates that house moves can still take place, the closure of letting agents and hotels may impact on the ability to source properties during this period. The latest up to date guidance will be placed on the GOV.UK site as soon as possible. If Service personnel are due to move during this time, or require any information regarding Substitute Accommodation, including repairs and maintenance, please refer to this site.