“If you like solving puzzles, you’ll like coding!” Join Jess Sullivan, military spouse, reservist in the Canadian Military and former schoolteacher at our online Talking Case Study Event – ‘Getting into Tech’ – and find out how she went from teacher to self-taught tech-geek.
Now working as a remote web developer for an award winning, multi-million-pound global events company – a career that works well alongside military life – Jess is keen to inspire and help others transition into the Tech Industry.
Wednesday, 16th March; 10:00 – 10:45 GMT
Thursday, 17th March; 19:30 – 20:15 GMT
This is the agenda:
- Why I was looking for a new career – the key drivers
- What inspired me to get into Tech
- How I learned to code
- The decision to quit my teaching job
- The application and interview process
- Where I am today
- How I can help you achieve the same as me
- My long-term goal
To allow for different time zones, we are running this event twice. Head to our Events page in our Members Area and REGISTER. It’s completely FREE to attend, but it is a MEMBERS ONLY event.
Membership is FREE
So, if you are not yet a member of the MCN Online Community, and are a military spouse or partner of someone currently serving in the military, a veteran or reservist, then sign up fast to make sure you don’t miss out on this fantastic opportunity.
Membership of the MCN also gives you:
- Full access to our exclusive Members Area
- Member Only events
- Member discounts on paid training & events
- FREE business listing in our online Business Directory
- Opportunity to join our private Facebook Community Group
- Latest updates via our Member Newsletter.